There is no doubt that Summer now is a distant memory. The kids are fully engaged back in school and cooler temperatures have begun to arrive. As many people prepare to spend more time indoors, they often consider doing some projects around the house. Fall is a great time to take on a home improvement project. We recently read an article in the Huffington Post by Sam Cohen titled “Build Superior Homes By Installing Window Films — Valid Reasons To Add Them To Your Windows”. We thought it would be great to summarize some of the reasons he lists, along with some of our own, so you might consider window film as a great choice for a Fall home improvement project.
Why Should Window Film Be Your Next Home Improvement Project?
- Creates a Comfortable Environment: After window films are installed in your home, they create a comfortable environment by reducing the hot and cold areas of your home often associated with proximity to windows.
- Saves Energy: Window film not can improve the appearance of your home, it can also plays a huge role in saving on energy costs. Depending on what type of film you choose, you can save significantly on your energy costs.
- Protects Interior Furnishings from UV Damage: Window films can block 99% of the ultraviolet rays of the sun that enters your home. This is important because UV is a major contributor to fading. So, as the window film blocks the UV rays, it also protects upholstery, furnishings, tapestries, paintings from discoloration and fading.
- Enhances Security and Safety: Window films also help hold the glass together in the event of breaking of a window. Whether due to an attempted break-in, storm or an accident, the window film can act as a barrier to entry and protection from injury from glass shards.
- Reduces Glare: At this time of the year, the sun is lower in the sky and this often creates irritating glare issues that aren’t as prevalent in the Summer. Window film can help cut the glare making rooms more comfortable and allow you to see things like television and computer screens more easily.
- Improves Your Existing Windows: Rather than deal with the disruption of replacing your windows, window film retrofits to your existing glass and improves the performance. Professional installation can be done quickly with minimal disruption to the daily activities in your home.
You can read Sam’s article by clicking HERE
We hope that you found this brief list informative and that you might consider window film on your next home improvement project. If you would like to learn more about home window films, click HERE. If you have any questions, click HERE and contact Total Image Window Tint today at (423) 708-8953 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We service the entire greater Chattanooga, Tennessee area.