No one wants to have a bad automotive window tint job. While most people do not understand all that goes into a good tint job, we all know what a bad one looks like. Recently Brian Cooley from CNET Road Show decided to look into what it takes to avoid an automotive window tinting nightmare. In the article, Brian discusses things to look for to make sure your vehicle gets an great tint job. We wanted to share the top six things mentioned in his article.
When deciding on an automotive window tinting location;
- Look For Clean – Automotive Window Tinting starts and ends with cleanliness. Any dust floating around the place will end up permanently stuck to your glass.
- Get a Guarantee – A lifetime warranty for the original purchaser on the film and the installation should not be out of the question.
- Look at References – Have the shop show you a car they have done. Inspect it for edge to edge coverage, no bubbles or dirt trapped in the film and edges that aren’t lifting.
- Don’t Sweat the Wet – Know that the inside of your car is going to a bit wet in the process. It’s OK, it’s less water than it looks like and a good tint shop knows where – and where not – to let water drip.
- Let it Cure – It will be anywhere from a couple of days to a couple of weeks, depending on temperature and other factors before you can put the windows down. New tint needs to breathe out all the moisture it was applied with.
- Clean it Carefully – Tint is applied on the inside of glass. Once tinted, clean the tinted surfaces with a non-ammonia glass cleaner so you don’t break down the film’s scratch resistant coating.
If you would like to read Brian’s entire article, click HERE.
If you would like to learn more about the automotive window tint products and services we provide, click HERE, and then contact Total Image Window Tint today at (423) 708-8953 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Find out why we are the #1 source for automotive window tinting in the Chattanooga, Tennessee area.